SPELLBOUND

The lake life An earth’s eye looking into which the beholder measure the depth of his own nature Be like the lake ...



The lake life
An earth’s eye
looking into which the beholder measure the depth of his own nature
Be like the lake
have a heart like the lake
Calm, still surface
and the great part, have a heart with depths of kindness



I bought a book before I went to Kintamani and spending my days beside the lake for a month, When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi. A story about being a doctor and both patient from a neurosurgeon resident who died from lung cancer. At first I thought this book will elucidate more about doctor and patient relationship, about the difference of facing mortality from doctor and patient (which the writer became both of them), yet this book is more about poetry of life and death, a searching for a meaning of life, a beautiful one. It’s deeply moving, poignant and life-affirming, and sometimes I felt tears are forming in my eyes. It’s a good book to read.


One week to go
And I’ll be back home this Sunday. I miss home really bad.
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comment(s)